10.29.2008

The Whale Conversation

As I was on the whale, we got deeper and deeper into other ocean. I remember the ancient bull whale stopped when we were deep. He met with the whole heard of whales. I was almost dead, I remember the ancient bull whale and his wife arguing. It was about me.
The ancient bull was sure I was Kahutia Te Rangi, the ancient whale rider that first rode this whale. It was true that I was Kahu but not the first whale rider like the ancient bull thought. His wife, who could see me knew that I was not who he thought I was. I was only a tiny little girl in my white dress. I was not the first whale rider who threw the spear into the ground and prayed for it to flower when the people are most in trouble. Although I am now probably much like him. I remember the wife whale saying, “Yes, this is the descendant of Paikea.” When I heard this, I knew I was just as good as any boy.
After I was on the whale listening to the whales argue. I vaguely remember the whales putting me on a bed of sea weed.

No comments: